On the 17th February 2015 Cisco announced the retirement of the CCNA Voice Certification effective on the 14th of August 2015. CCNA Voice Certification holders will not automatically be awarded the CCNA Collaboration certification. You will need to pass an additional exam if you wish to migrate a valid CCNA Voice certification to the new CCNA Collaboration certification.
Exam 210-065 CIVND - Implementing Cisco Video Network Devices v1.0
This must be completed prior to the expiry of your CCNA Voice Certification
Further information can be found on the CCNA Collaboration page.
The Cisco Certified Network Associate Voice (CCNA Voice) validates associate-level knowledge and skills required to administer a voice network. The Cisco CCNA Voice certification confirms that the required skill set for specialised job roles in voice technologies such as voice technologies administrator, voice engineer, and voice manager. It validates skills in VoIP technologies such as IP PBX, IP telephony, handset, call control, and voicemail solutions.
CCNA Voice Exams and Recommended Training
||Recommended Training |
|Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 (ICND1) v2.0 |
|640-461 ICOMM v8.0
||Introducing Cisco Voice and Unified Communications Administration v8.0 (ICOMM) |
CCNA Voice Recertification
CCNA Voice certifications are valid for three years. To recertify, pass ONE of the following before the certification expiration date:
- Pass any current CCNA Level 2 exam (ICND2, IINS,IUWNE,ICOMM,SSPO,SPNGN2,DCICN,VIVND or DESGN), or
- Pass any current 642-XXX professional level exam, or
- Pass any current Cisco Specialist exam (excluding Sales Specialist exams or MeetingPlace Specialist exams, Implementing Cisco TelePresence Installations (ITI) exams, Cisco Leading Virtual Classroom Instruction exams, or any 650 online exams), or
- Pass any current CCIE Written Exam, or
- Pass the current CCDE Written Exam OR current CCDE Practical Exam